The official line-up of categories for the 2016 edition is as follows:
- Children’s: channels addressing younger audiences, children, teenagers
- Cinema: offerings of networks or specific services regarding cinema (including channels covering a specific genre or niche films: thriller, science-fiction, etc.)
- Culture/Documentaries: literature, entertainment, the arts and educational programmes and original documentaries (history, nature, discoveries, travels, etc.)
- Fiction/General Entertainment: channels that feature televised fiction and other entertainment genres, such as variety shows, quiz shows, comedies, reality shows, etc.
- Lifestyle: tourism, cooking, fashion, socio-cultural trends
- Music: all music categories and genres
- News: ‘all-news’ channels (national, regional or international news)
- Sports: general sport or specialist sport channels
An Award will also be assigned to the Best Programme among all the channels entered: the Best Programme is considered a source of particular pride of each channel, although not necessarily the most famous or representative show of the channel.
Zoom on categories 2015 · Zoom on categories 2014